A few pearls I’ve had to learn “the hard way”:
- Practice before you tackle the actual job.
- Practice regularly
- Practice some more
- Get the 3x rivet gun. 2x is too fast and doesn’t hit hard enough.
- Get the tungsten bucking bar
- Get the “Main Squeeze” hand squeezer. if you already have a cheaper squeezer, use it for dimpling flanges.
- If you’re not sure if its going to be right, it probably won’t be.
- Throwing parts and/or tools when frustrated is expensive
- Perfection is often not worth the price.
- If you ask 10 RV builders how best to set any given rivet, you’ll get 10 different answers.