Elevators (continued)

November 8th, 2016, I finish match-drilling right elevator and thought I’d catch the left elevator up and then deburr and prime everything together.  It didn’t work out that way, as I flubbed with the Left elevator tip rib and then messed up with the left elevator horn and spar as well.

I wound up replacing both elevator horns with the newer version and replacing the tip rib and spar.  I made the tip rib skin from scratch in order to use the old style elevator tip weights and keep from having to rework the right elevator tip rib.

IMG_1980

11/8/2016 Finished match-drilling right elevator. Stopped here to begin left elevator with plans to deburr an prime everything together.

IMG_2034

12/01/2016 Match-drilled left elevator fwd spar to skin.

IMG_2037

12/13/2016 Laid out stiffeners for left elevator.

IMG_2055

1/4/2017 Making stiffeners for left elevator.

IMG_2064

1/9/2017 Drilling stiffeners onto left elevator skin.

This entry was posted in Empennage. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s